Wednesday 12 June 2013

Best Tapas in London?

When I was invited down to Alquimia restaurant in Putney following the launch, I really wasn't expecting much...which sounds a bit harsh. But tapas is tapas, right? How wrong could I have been.

I can honestly say that the meal I had at Alquimia was the best Tapas I've ever had...including in Spain.

Don't be put off by the appearance of the outside of the restaurant...it looks small and insignificant, but go through the doors and you are welcomed as one of the family to experience a really authentic and delicious tapas menu.

There were plenty of choices on the menu, so me and my sister (my dining companion on this review) asked them to just bring us what they thought we should try and they went all out.

Every dish was fantastic, well thought out, presented with care and most importantly - delicious.

Try the tuna tartare - something I'd never have gone for...but which was amazing.

I'll be back!
Paletilla ibérica "Paletilla ibérica"


Freshly carved Iberico Ham



Tuna Tartare - something I never would have ordered but that was stunning


Patatas Bravas


Chorizo Riojano “a la sidra” Spicy chorizo from Rioja with cider

Calamares fritos a la andaluza Fried squid Andalucian style

Gambas a la plancha con ajo-aceite Grilled prawns with garlic oil

Torrija de vainilla con helado de leche Spanish vanilla sweet bread with milk ice cream


A most amazing drink - milk infused with rum, spices and orange - I could have drunk a pint of this!

 
Alquimia on Urbanspoon

1 comment: